Monday, April 20, 2009

Brighten Our Boudoir: Part 3

Yeah, so I painted. I took a magazine in to the paint store to get a match of a color in there. I came home with two borrowed quarts (our paint store is that cool). One was of what I thought the color resembled and the other what the expert paint man thought it was. He won. But...it's not exactly the same. I think what affected the result was that my borrowed paint was flat and then I bought eggshell. Anyhow, it has definitely brightened up out bedroom A LOT. Let me show ya.

Before:

Love that bedding.

Please excuse the mess! That's a doggy bed.
So, what's up with that paint, you say?? Yeah, it's actually a chalky dark blue Ralph Lauren color (I can't remember the name) and the RL finish called candlelight. It's striped. Really the only time it was noticeable was when there was a light flashing on it or at night with the lamps on. Not during the day.
Now, remember what I have next is only a work in progress to show the color. I don't want to give too much away at once.
After: new paint color.


WAY lighter and brighter.

New curtains I made from unbleached muslin. I love the texture. For $1.50 a yard, it was a steal.

There's still a lot of work to do. I'll keep you posted.

Oh, that giant chair...it came with the giant couch we used to own that came with the hubby.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

I love the new color! You're right, it totally brightens up the room. Great job! And the new curtains are really pretty too. Can I pay you to come to my house for a week or two?? :)