Thursday, March 26, 2009

Projects Galore!

Since the new couch arrived and I tweaked our living room a bit (I'll post pics this weekend), I've had this terrible feeling that I might be running out of projects. This was the hubby and I while laying in bed the other night:

N: I'm sad.

Hubby:Why's that?

N:I love what the rooms are looking like right now. I especially love the living room. The new curtains and rug for your office look great. But, it makes me sad to think that I may be running out of projects.

H: Really?! You still have the fireplace to re-tile.

N: Yeah, I guess, but it's a biggish project. What about my crafty little projects. What am I going to do next??? I gave the hubby a sad puppy dog look.

H: Oooohh...you'll find something.

He is oh so super sweet and supportive of my projects. He knows they help keep me sane.

In reality, when I think real hard about projects, I guess there are actually quite a few I'm ready to take on. Like the hubby said, I have tile and supplies waiting to be turned into magic around our fireplace. I just know it's going to be a real mess. So, I'm waiting. Also, a few weeks back my neighbor inspired me to put glass in some of our kitchen cabinet doors. They look fabulous. Since then I've been noticing tons of cabinets in magazine kitchens with the same glass inserts. So, this past weekend I kindly asked the hubby if I could experiment with the cabinets in the laundry room before tackling the kitchen ones. The result...fabulous! Although they look great, (fancy cabinets in the laundry room, woo) I'm a little nervous about trying out my idea on the kitchen ones because they've been painted. But then again, I could just touch them up. I painted them! duh. In order to boost my confidence and give you an idea of what I'm thinking of, here's a sampling of glass in kitchen cabinets! LOVE IT!

KITCHEN%20CABINETS%201.JPG



Indoor Stainless Steel Kitchen


The second one up top is my favorite. I house the kitchen belongs in is really cutie. It's colors and style actually remind me of our little house.

What do you think? Should I go for it?

No comments: