Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Bit of the Sea to See

While on a work related trip down to Long Beach, I encountered one of the cutest little sea shell and random ocean object store ever. Since I saw a sea fan in a frame at my fave store Tarjay, I decided I'd have to tackle my own version of the same thing on a budget. 

I found the perfect sea fan at the little shop in LB for $10. Then, I purchased a small shadow box type frame from Michael's with a discount coupon (I can always count on there being one in our Sunday paper) and a shimmery piece of decorative cardstock to use as the background, all for $10. Total for this project $20. I originally saw it at Tarjay for $35. 

The linen texture of the paper. Love it.
It's ready for a close-up. 
Pretty on our bathroom wall.

In case you can't see, I used a pin with a pearl ball tip to keep the sea fan in place. It's right in the middle.  You can buy your very own sea fan from  SeaCorals.com.

1 comment:

Freckles Chick said...

OMG!! How crazy is that?!! We have the exact same version right down to the paper! *cue the Twilight Zone music*

Although yours is more authentic as you're coastal. Lucky. It looks fabulous!

Are you in Sonoma County? I'm so uber jealous =)

Thanks for your sweet comments and for visiting my blog!