Sunday, August 16, 2009

Happy Birthday to Us!

Some of you know this, but the hubby and I have the same birthday, August 12th. Not the same year, but the same exact day. It really is fun getting to share your birthday with your best friend. We usually do something extra special since we only need to celebrate once a year. This year we went out to dinner at the Melting Pot; which, was fabulous. The location closest to us was formerly used as a kiln somewhere around 1890. They used to make bricks and so it's this winding underground cave thing with little booths and tables carved into the domed walls. Aside from the fun of fondue, the atmosphere added to the whole experience. It was perfect. They asked us if we were going to be celebrating anything that night and of course we told them it was our birthday. We love the response we get when people find out that, we, a married couple share the same birthday. We left stuffed and very content. I'll post pictures later when I can find the cable for the camera to the computer.

Here's some pictures I found on the internet.

The Melting Pot Larkspur

We also received wonderful gifts from the hubby's family. I am especially excited about them because I'm the one that's probably going to use them more. =)

A wonderful miter saw with a laser and all kinds of fancy cuts!

A cordless circular saw!

WOO HOO! I've been thinking really hard about new projects that will require me to use to the saws. For my first saw project I am going to make THIS...
yay!

No comments: