Friday, June 5, 2009

Meet Moe

Moe's fallen on some bad times. I found him just hanging out at the local thrift shop just looking all sad and glum. He was asking for $15 to help him get home and maybe rid him of the blues (or should I say green and red plaid?!). I felt so bad, I couldn't just walk away. I decided to bring him home and help him get a new life. I hope the hubby will be okay with me bringing in a stranger!


A clean dark brown paint job on those legs (which I may completely change) and some crisp clean upholstery and I'm sure he'll be good as new. He might even have to change his name


Now, I only have to select some fabric....ugh, such a difficult task. I think I'll be needing some help.

I could just go with a nice white to match the couch. Maybe something like this:



Box Pleat Slipcovered Chair from BCC


or something like the two below

Fabric from Joanns

Diamante from Calico Corners



or something like this, which looks a bit like this

I snatched up a bit of this fabric at Joanns last weekend to make this pillow.

I'm kinda leaning towards the last option. I love the neutral tones and the geometric pattern. At $8.99 a yard and a 40% off coupon, it will definitely be a deal.

What do you think? Any suggestions?

No comments: